There are many circumstances in which our professional staff may suggest testing at some point in the treatment process. Our staff is trained in a variety of psychological testing instruments which may be utilized based on the reason for the evaluation.
Evaluations can be requested for some of the following reasons:
- To determine an appropriate diagnosis
- To generate appropriate and effective treatment plans
- To serve as a second opinion for educational placement
- To identify personality styles which may impact treatment progress
- To determine if a learning disabilty exists
- To clarify if a behavioral problem in school is due to psychological or learning problems
- To determine what factors have led to a lack of treatment response
- If a lack of concentration is due to intellectual, memory, or psychological problems
- If a neurological problem is suspected
- Repeated examinations at regular time intervals may help to provide reliable information about behavioral improvements or deteriorations associated with certain neurological conditions.