Scoring: Add up your answers to all the questions to earn a total score. The higher the score, the more likely it is that you may place a higher need for perfectionism, control, or orderliness.
This quiz is not intended to be a diagnostic tool. If you believe you may suffer from symptoms of OCPD please seek an evaluation by a trained mental health professional.
Rate the following questions according to the scale below:
1 (not at all) ----- 2 ----- 3 (somewhat) ----- 4 ----- 5 (very much)
1. I feel the need to always be perfect.
2. I cannot complete a task unless it is completed perfectly, according to my predetermined rules.
3. I am more devoted to my work than to friends, family, or leisure activities.
4. There are rules that I must always follow, and an organization that I must always adhere to while fulfilling my responsibilities.
5. Others must also follow my rules and organization when completing tasks for me.
6. If others are reluctant to follow my rules, or suggest alternative methods of completing tasks, I become upset or angry.
7. There are right and wrong answers to moral or ethical dilemmas.
8. I have a hard time expressing my emotions compared to others. For example I have a hard time saying “I love you” to my family.
9. I have trouble making decisions as it becomes a very time consuming process.
10. I believe it is important to save money and avoid frivolous spending, whether for myself or others.
11. I experience discomfort when throwing out items because I believe they may be useful in the future.
12. I keep many possessions because I find them perfect or unique.
13. Organization and list making are necessary and beneficial habits.
14. I tend to have difficulty forming and maintaining relationships.
15. I experience perfectionism to the extent that it interferes with my ability to do required tasks.
16. I postpone vacations and leisure activities for so long that they do not happen.
17. I believe that rules should not be broken or bent in any circumstance.
18. I believe there is a definite right and wrong way to accomplish daily tasks.
19. I experience a lack of leisure activities, hobbies, and relationships in my life.
20. I sometimes get caught up in the details of tasks and have a hard time moving on to complete the task in a timely manner.
Copyright © 2019 BioBehavioral Institute - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by MyPR4U.com