During the Covid-19 pandemic, many people are struggling to decide whether their worries and concerns are excessive or appropriate. Here is a questionnaire to help you analyze your reaction.
Scoring: Add up your answers to all the questions to earn a total score. A total score can range from 0 to 120. The higher your total score, the more likely it is that you may be experiencing difficulties in response to the coronavirus. This quiz is not intended to be a diagnostic tool. If you believe you may suffer from anxiety or OCD, please seek an evaluation by a trained mental health professional.
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS USING THE SCALE:
· 0 = strongly disagree or Not applicable
· 1 = disagree
· 2 = neutral
· 3 = agree
· 4 = strongly agree
1. I am being more cautious than my immediate family in response to the risk of getting Covid-19.
2. I am very worried about a second wave of the pandemic and how I will cope.
3. I am able to recognize that my reaction to the pandemic is excessive.
4. I am very worried about spreading the coronavirus and possibly infecting and harming others.
5. I am confused by all of the conflicting messages from the media, experts, and others, which is making it difficult for me to make decisions about my day-to-day actions.
6. I am having a very hard time deciding if I will go out once my town and state opens up.
7. I am washing my hands excessively more than the recommended guidelines. For example, I wash multiple times a day or for more than 20 seconds at a time.
8. I am cleaning my groceries and/or delivered packages multiple times or very carefully out of fear of contamination from the coronavirus.
9. I am avoiding touching items that come from outside the home even after letting them sit for the recommended time.
10. I am afraid to take a walk outdoors or a drive for fear of being exposed to the coronavirus in the air.
11. I am very aware of some part of my body touching items that come from outside (such as grocery bag, packages, boxes).
12. I repeatedly question if I am 6 feet away from others.
13. I wash my hands throughout the day even when I haven’t left home.
14. I am repeatedly asking my friends and family if I’m making the right choices in my actions related to the coronavirus.
15. I am very afraid and concerned about passing by someone in a store aisle or a hallway.
16. I find myself cleaning many items/objects (canned goods bought before pandemic, furniture, countertops) in my home even they have not come in contact with anything from the outside.
17. It takes me a very long time to sanitize/clean all items brought into the house from the outside because I make sure I clean every single part of it.
18. I am seeking reassurance from others if I am safe or clean enough.
19. I am having intrusive thoughts about getting sick or dying from the coronavirus.
20. I experience a lot of doubt that my actions are keeping me safe (Did I clean my groceries enough?)
21. I am experiencing a lot of what if thoughts (What if I die? What if the mail carrier sneezed on my mail?)
22. I feel frightened and anxious much of the day due to the fear of getting coronavirus.
23. I find myself watching my family’s (or people I live with) behavior and attempting to control their actions in order to keep from getting sick.
24. I am being more cautious than my friends and my community.
25. I worry and think about how many strangers may have touched my groceries or packages before me.
26. I am avoiding eating prepared food from grocery stores or ordering takeout because I'm afraid the virus might have infected the food.
27. I am taking more precaution than others in my family because I'm afraid of getting my elderly loved ones sick.
28. I am afraid of getting infected every time I leave my house.
29. I am very afraid to go to necessary medical appointments or medical tests because I'm afraid of getting the virus.
30. I am having a hard time resisting reading or watching news updates about the virus.
Copyright © 2019 BioBehavioral Institute - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by MyPR4U.com