Scoring: Add up your answers to all the questions to earn a total score. The higher the score, the more likely it is that you may place a higher need for perfectionism, control, or orderliness.
This quiz is not intended to be a diagnostic tool. If you believe you may suffer from symptoms of poor Body Image please seek an evaluation by a trained mental health professional.
Rate the following questions according to the scale below:
1 (not at all) ----- 2 ----- 3 (somewhat) ----- 4 ----- 5 (very much)
1. I am preoccupied by thoughts of my appearance.
2. I believe that my body part(s) of concern is noticeable to others.
3. Preoccupation over my body part(s) of concern interferes with some of my daily activities, such as work and/or going to school.
4. I avoid situations where I will be in close contact with other people.
5. I wear clothing, makeup or other accessories to conceal or mask my body part(s) of concern.
6. I go to great lengths to change or improve my appearance.
7. I frequently compare my appearance and/or body part of concern with others (in person, on social media, with photos in magazines, celebrities on television, etc.).
8. Thoughts and worries about my body part(s) of concern interfere with my leisure and social activities.
9. I have avoided romantic relationships because of my body part(s) of concern.
10. My future happiness depends upon my appearance.
11. I feel like others are commenting, laughing at or criticizing my body part(s) of concern when I am out of earshot.
12. Due to my body part(s) of concern, others treat me differently.
13. This body part of concern ruins my overall appearance.
14. I often check my appearance in the mirror (or other reflective surfaces) for extended periods of time or repeatedly throughout the day.
15. I find ways to ask others what they think about my appearance or try to get others to comment on my appearance.
16. I have made (or thought about making) dermatological and/or plastic surgery appointments for a consultation to fix my body part(s) of concern.
17. It takes me longer than most people to get ready to leave home due to my appearance concerns.
18. I avoid reflective surfaces/mirrors, so that I do not need to see my body part(s) of concern.
19. Others disagree with how I perceive my appearance.
20. I am preoccupied by thoughts of my appearance.
Copyright © 2019 BioBehavioral Institute - All Rights Reserved.